CALL OUT: HOUSE SHOW
2-4 June, 2017
Quick response project – Application due Sunday 30 April, 23:59
Presented in a rental property between tenants, House Show invites artists to respond to the concept of “home”. House Show will be presented over one weekend in response to the transience of the rental market. Artists can submit a proposal to occupy a room in the house with their work, or submit a 2D work for inclusion in a central display.
Application close midnight, Sunday 30th April 2017.
Successful applicants will be notified in 1 week.
Delivery: Work must be delivered by Thursday 1st June
Exhibition opening: Friday 2nd June, 5.30pm
Exhibition continues on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th June, 10.00am – 5.00pm
Pick up: Monday 5th June.
If you are interested in
- creating a site-specific work for one of the spaces within the property, download a Word doc application form here.
- applying to exhibit a 2D work responding to the theme of “home” as part of a central display in the hallway, download a Word doc form here.
BOARD MEMBER CALL OUT
Monday 17th April
We are calling out for dynamic and energetic individuals to join our board!
CONSTANCE provides a flexible and supportive platform for emerging and experimental artists to push the boundaries of their existing practice for the exhibition of new and challenging work in an out-of-gallery context. As an artist-run initiative CONSTANCE is focused on creating critical dialogue and engagement within, and beyond, the local Tasmanian arts community. CONSTANCE is an incorporated organisation, and has been a part of the Hobart community for over 10 years, with a number of ongoing relationships with local and national arts organisations.
The CONSTANCE board is made up of artists, writers, curators and skilled arts workers. Members can independently choose when and which projects they wish to explore, enhancing their skills, CV, networks and experience. Being a board member is a significant commitment with great benefits, and we believe our model creates sustainable and achievable workload for individuals. Board members have the opportunity to be involved with curating exhibitions and working collaboratively with other members on the development of projects, events, partnerships and publications.
Board Members Responsibilities: each member holds different responsibilities within the board structure. Some examples of the duties that you could undertake as a Constance board member are:
- Assist in producing and implementing Constance’s artistic program
- Manage and maintain relationships with artists, organisations, funders and other key stakeholders
- Administration and finances + identify and seek grant opportunities
- Assist and supervise openings
- Seek, manage and coordinate fundraising opportunities and events
- Seek, develop and participate in additional opportunities such as symposiums, panels, etc
- Oversee marketing and publicity
- Develop and maintain Constance media and communications (e.g. website, social media, mailchimp etc.)
Board members are expected to:
- Contribute approximately 1 hour of time towards ongoing duties per week, to be determined once board member has been inducted
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Commit to being a Constance board member for a minimum of one year
Applications with specific experience/interest in fundraising and/or marketing will be looked upon favourably during this round.
Please send through a cover letter detailing your interest and experience with reference to the board responsibilities and a current CV. Send applications to email@example.com by 6pm 15th of May 2017.
CURRENT EXHIBITION: GLOVER IN ARCADIA
Constance ARI has collaborated with Clarence City Council to present Glover In Arcadia, an inquiry into the life and work of the important Anglo-colonial artist John Glover, on the 250th anniversary of his birth.
The exhibition features emerging and established Tasmanian artists creating contemporary responses to Glover’s landscapes.
Exhibition runs 7 April – 7 May
11am -5pm Wed to Sun