Wednesday 14 June, 6.30–9pm
Wednesday 14–Saturday 17 June, 11am–9pm
Closing Night Silent Party
Saturday 17 June, 6.30–9pm
Hobart Town Hall Underground
The Ryan Sisters
Joseph Ray Shrimpton
But I’m going strange.
Venture underground to a space of silent foreboding, where six artists will disrupt our expectations of the modern world.
Curated by Stephanie Han
Presented by Constance ARI in association with Dark Mofo
BOARD MEMBER CALL OUT
Deadline 15th May, 2017
We are calling out for dynamic and energetic individuals to join our board!
CONSTANCE provides a flexible and supportive platform for emerging and experimental artists to push the boundaries of their existing practice for the exhibition of new and challenging work in an out-of-gallery context. As an artist-run initiative CONSTANCE is focused on creating critical dialogue and engagement within, and beyond, the local Tasmanian arts community. CONSTANCE is an incorporated organisation, and has been a part of the Hobart community for over 10 years, with a number of ongoing relationships with local and national arts organisations.
The CONSTANCE board is made up of artists, writers, curators and skilled arts workers. Members can independently choose when and which projects they wish to explore, enhancing their skills, CV, networks and experience. Being a board member is a significant commitment with great benefits, and we believe our model creates sustainable and achievable workload for individuals. Board members have the opportunity to be involved with curating exhibitions and working collaboratively with other members on the development of projects, events, partnerships and publications.
Board Members Responsibilities: each member holds different responsibilities within the board structure. Some examples of the duties that you could undertake as a Constance board member are:
- Assist in producing and implementing Constance’s artistic program
- Manage and maintain relationships with artists, organisations, funders and other key stakeholders
- Administration and finances + identify and seek grant opportunities
- Assist and supervise openings
- Seek, manage and coordinate fundraising opportunities and events
- Seek, develop and participate in additional opportunities such as symposiums, panels, etc
- Oversee marketing and publicity
- Develop and maintain Constance media and communications (e.g. website, social media, mailchimp etc.)
Board members are expected to:
- Contribute approximately 1 hour of time towards ongoing duties per week, to be determined once board member has been inducted
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Commit to being a Constance board member for a minimum of one year
Applications with specific experience/interest in fundraising and/or marketing will be looked upon favourably during this round.
Please send through a cover letter detailing your interest and experience with reference to the board responsibilities and a current CV. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm 15th of May 2017.
Download this information.